Tag Archives: maternity

Cashmere lovers, I’m calling you…

Hello, who doesn’t love cashmere?!  It’s a shame that it’s often hideously expensive, or dowdily shaped. I have lots of classic shaped cashmere knits, but this roomy H&M charcoal cashmere knit (£59) had me heading in store to check it out.  A more modern, interesting way to wear cashmere.  I find that this sort of relaxed fit can work well with fitted skirts or trousers / jeans:

H&M do quite a few cashmere or cashmere blend items. When H&M say “cashmere blend”, by the way, they mean 50 or 70% cashmere with the remaining 50 or 30% being wool. I loathe 5% cashmere being touted as “cashmere blend”. What tosh.

This well priced cashmere is found in the Premium Quality section, which is my favourite place to look for well priced, high quality items. The H&M cashmere is well priced, and I found the quality of last year’s maroon / berry cashmere scarf to be superb. It’s thick, soft and still looks new. So, I’ve high hopes for this year’s cashmere.

Back to the charcoal knit, this is how size S looks on me (can you see how fitted the sleeves are? I think that’s a slimming way to wear big knits):
Displaying photo 2.JPG

Displaying photo 1.JPG

I’m wearing the jumper with my J Brand 912 jeans (size 28) and old M&S Autograph ponyskin ankle boots.

I also tried on the cashmere dress (£80):

but even in a size S, it felt bigger than Ben Hur, so probably suited to someone far far taller than me:

Displaying photo 4.JPG

Perfect maternity winter dress, though:

Displaying photo 3.JPG

Finally, another high street store where I have sourced cashmere, is Uniqlo.  Their cashmere is now instore.  You can possibly see from the below camel crew neck (£70), that they have updated the shape, to make it more relaxed, and split the bottom seam.  I will be heading in store to check it out.  They have a limited colour range, but I wore my black cashmere crew neck from Uniqlo a lot last year, so may buy another.

WOMEN Cashmere Crew Neck Sweater